Saturday 29 December 2012

Behind The Scenes

Growing up I was always shocked when people asked what my Dad actually did all day as if cuts of meat magically find their way on to the counter; but its understandable when they hadn't seen him walk through the front door every night exhausted and ready for bed like I had. And if ever is a good example of how hard butchers work, it is Christmas. While my eight day week was a shock to the system, I had the glamorous job of serving our lovely customers. Working in the freezing cold for up to 14 hours they're consistently juggling the preparation of an inconceivable amount of meat for 800+ orders and for the counter, with serving the shop full of customers we're so pleased to see. Here's a lovely picture of them all working in the early hours of the morning while most of us were still tucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment